Legend Rare Coin Auctions offers options for selling your coin collections. We can buy a collection out right or take coins on consignment for two types of auctions: The Regency Auctions or Premier Sessions. Our auction company can handle everything from an entire collection to a single coin and make sure that the coins are placed in the sale most suitable to bring the best prices realized.
Legend Rare Coin Auctions offers a Regency Auction with an emphasis on world-class rarities or high-end registry set-building capabilities and the finest handpicked collectible coins in a boutique style auction venue. Our numismatic experts provide superior collection assessment and cataloging to guarantee the maximum buyer participation. Legend Rare Coin Auctions also benefits from being the sister company of Legend Numismatics which has one of the most undisputed top collector bases in the business. Our extensive worldwide marketing and advertising efforts and customer service helps us consistently realize record prices.
- Exclusive Auction House for the PCGS Members Only Show- Regency Auctions are open to PCGS Authorized Dealers & Collector Club Members
- Boutique Style Auction- Maximum of 500 Coins per Auction
- Single Consignor Auctions Tailored for Major Collections
- Five (5) Annual Premier Regency Auctions with World Class Offerings:
- U.S. Coins consisting primarily of top-quality PCGS-graded coins with exceptional eye appeal
- Featuring the most sought-after coins with a minimum value of $3,000 per coin and $10,000 per consignment
- Utilizes the Foremost Experts in the Industry for Inventory Assessment & Catalog Descriptions
- Legend can accommodate large and small collections and provide the best venue for maximum results
- Unmatched Customer Service- The financial strength of Legend Rare Coin Auctions allows for generous advances at reasonable rates.
- Buy & Sell with Confidence- Secure Bidding Platform & Auction Venue
- Multiple Bidding Options- Live, Absentee, Phone, Fax, Email and Internet
- Full-Color Hardbound Catalogs
- In-House Graphic Design Team
- Professional Photography
- Strategic Marketing & PR Campaigns
- State of the Art Website- Live Online Bidding, Catalog, Images & Absentee Bidding
- Legend Auctions- Mobile Friendly App- Android & IOS
- Lot Preview- at Major Coin Shows Throughout the Year
- Extensive Database of Buyers
- Competitive Consignment Rates
- Generous Advances at Reasonable Rates
- Offering Referral Fees for Consigned Collections
- Record Prices Realized
Legend understands the importance of a customized marketing and advertising campaign that will ensure proper exposure of upcoming auction consignments and maximum buyer participation on auction day. Utilizing a targeted mailing list of top collectors and buyers, Legend provides ample notification of the upcoming auctions through a variety of media outlets from email blasts to a complimentary full-color hardbound auction catalog. Legend is currently the only auction venue offering a professionally designed, hardbound catalog for all premier coin sales. A marketing campaign is devised, targeting popular trade magazines and other influential media and internet outlets. Legend also promotes through www.legendauctions.com, our state of the art Website. The Website features highlights from upcoming auctions, full color online catalog and upcoming auction and show schedules.
Legend will ensure proper attention is given to your collection because our auction company is dedicated first and foremost to our collectors, whether you are buying or selling.
The first step in the process is to contact a representative at Legend Rare Coin Auctions. Our numismatic experts can conduct a valuation of your coins and provide you with the current auction deadlines and dates. There are multiple ways to contact us regarding a potential consignment.
- You can arrange a consultation by calling 732-935-1168.
- Consult with a representative of Legend at one of the nationwide coin shows or PCGS Members Only events.
- Fill out an online Consignment Contact Form at www.legendauctions.com.
- Please note that the minimum consignment is $3,000.00 per coin and $10,000.00 per consignment.
All consignments are entered in to a numismatic inventory system and an auction database for proper documentation and tracking information. Throughout the entire process, your coins are fully insured from the time Legend has possession of the goods until ownership is passed on the sale date.
Legend employs the top numismatic experts in the industry to provide descriptions and estimates for all auction consignments. Our photographer provides high quality, color correct photos of all the auction inventory for web and catalog use.
A professionally designed, hardbound catalog is created in house by our in-house graphic designer for each auction. Legend will showcase your coins in a full-color catalog that is unlike any other numismatic catalog in the industry. Complimentary catalogs are mailed to our list of collectors and buyers. To request a complimentary catalog call 732-935-1168. Our online catalog provides potential buyers the opportunity to view all upcoming auction lots and pre-bid prior to the auction date.
Marketing & Advertising
Customized campaigns, distribution of catalogs to top buyers and collectors. Media campaign is devised in conjunction with the marketing campaign, print targeting popular antique and numismatic publications and internet marketing via e-blasts, web banners and participation in various newsletters and market reports. In addition to traditional marketing, Legend has the marketing power of PCGS behind each sale. PCGS graciously provides a spectacular video that they post on their website for each Regency sale on the behalf of Legend Rare Coin Auctions.
Auction preview is offered at the PCGS Members Only Shows prior to each Regency sale and the major nationwide numismatics shows as the schedule allows. Private preliminary auction previews are also available, by appointment only, contact a representative at 732-935-1168.
Selling at Auction
On the specified auction date, Legend will hold a live auction in conjunction with the PCGS Members Only Shows. During the sale, our team offers a welcoming, professional and well organized auction atmosphere for our bidders and consignors. Collectors who cannot attend the auction can bid on items conveniently from anywhere in the world via their choice of mail, email, telephone, fax, and live & absentee bidding online at www.legendauctions.com.
Legend makes prompt consignor payouts after each auction.
Legend Rare Coin Auctions is honored that you have considered entrusting your coin collection to us. Through every step of the process from appraisal to the actual auction, we will devote our efforts to you and your collection. Legend Rare Coin Auction believes that, “a happy buyer, makes for a happy seller!” We are confident that you will be proud of your collection’s presentation and pleased with the unrivaled customer service provided by the Legend staff. We have a proven track record of realizing prices the same or better than any competitor today! Do not miss an opportunity to buy or consign to the next Regency sale, speak to one of our Legend representatives today!
Premier Sessions Internet Only Auctions
Legend Rare Coin Auctions also offers monthly internet only auctions called Premier Sessions. The sales are organized to have the freshest coins with the majority being unreserved and catering to the internet buyer. These auctions provide an outlet for the sale of coins in addition to our Regency Auctions. Premier Sessions Auctions have a maximum of 200 lots per sale and are open for internet bidding for a week to a week and a half for bidders to conveniently shop online and leave absentee bids. We invite you to check out our monthly Premier Sessions Auctions for buying or consigning today!
NOTE: 10% BUYERS FEE!
Click here for Legend Premier Session Brochure.
Legend Rare Coin Auctions has more to offer than your average auction house. Our team knows and understands how a collection should be promoted and presented to the public. We respect the years of effort that have gone into building your coin/currency collection and we will exercise the utmost care in handling your items. At every step of the process, from appraisal to the actual auction, our team will dedicate itself to serving you and showcasing your collection with the highest standards of professionalism. We are sure you will be proud of your collection's presentation and pleased with the unrivaled customer service we provide.
Please fill out this brief form and attach any available photos of your coins/currency so we may start the consignment process. A representative of LRCA will contact you promptly upon receipt of the completed form.
* Please note: This is not a contract.